albuquerque, new mexico
B Ruppe Drugs was an Albuquerque institution opening in 1883 and relocated to its current location on Fourth street in the Barelas neighborhood in 1965. Home to the renowned natural healer Doña Maclovia Sanchez de Zamora, the building was left vacant after the drug store closed in 2011. It remained empty for several years until Homewise, a local community non-profit, purchased the building to revitalize it and engaged SCOUT to help reenvision the space. The building now houses community gatherings and programs, with office and gallery installation space.